The dirtier the surface the less effective the disinfectant. Disinfectants need to contact the area to disinfect, and cannot do this effectively with a barrier of dirt or grime in the way. Once the dirt has been wiped away the disinfectant can get to work. Under lightly soiled conditions, you can clean and disinfect in the same step. (NOTE: EPA requires all disinfectants carry the following label direction: “For heavily soiled areas, a pre-cleaning step is required”.)
Articles in this section
- How often should I use the ByoPlanet system?
- Why did Clorox Commercial Solutions® partner with ByoPlanet?
- Is there an electrostatic shock hazard?
- Do I need to use hearing protection?
- Does the ByoPlanet system meet OSHA guidelines for worker safety?
- How is the ByoPlanet device regulated?
- Can I buy or use a longer extension cord?
- What if the circuit breaker on the device triggers?
- Do I need to wipe down the sprayer/base unit it gets wet after spraying?
- Why should I purge my device after each use?