The environment refers to the patient or resident’s surroundings. When we talk about cleaning the environment, typically we are referring to cleaning and disinfecting objects, like housekeeping surfaces (e.g., floors, tabletops) and medical equipment. It is particularly important to focus on cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched items, such as bedrails, tray tables, IV poles, call button, monitor screens and controls and cables, pump controls, bedside tables, telephones, carts, toilets, bedpans, sinks, door knobs and levers, light switches, and faucet handles. Electrostatic application is the most comprehensive way to reach and treat all surface area without the risk of cross contamination.
Articles in this section
- How often should I use the ByoPlanet system?
- Why did Clorox Commercial Solutions® partner with ByoPlanet?
- Is there an electrostatic shock hazard?
- Does the ByoPlanet system meet OSHA guidelines for worker safety?
- How is the ByoPlanet device regulated?
- Can I buy or use a longer extension cord?
- What if the circuit breaker on the device triggers?
- Do I need to wipe down the sprayer/base unit it gets wet after spraying?
- Why should I purge my device after each use?
- What surfaces are these products safe to use on?